Friday 21 September 2012

GIVE THEM SOME SUNSHINE!


A woman is the full circle. Within her is the power to create, nurture and transform.”
                                        ~Diane Mariechild

“If you are killing a child, just because it’s a girl; you aren’t doing anything wrong. Even some Cannibal tribes do the same thing.”
                   ~ Anonymous




It has been 6 months since I have first formed into a zygote. I’m so excited! Just three more months, and I’ll be feeling the first breath of the mortal world. My father would be taking me into the loving hands of his and that would be the moment when I’ll stop crying! Just can’t wait for his kiss, which would be the most precious one of my life. Then my Mom would slowly open her eyes, forgetting all the pain she beared for the past 9 months, and she would be crying- this time, out of happiness. My sister would be jumping out of happiness knowing that she got a buddy for life. All the love, all the care, all the craziness of this world is waiting me. No matter how mad you people are and no matter how many troubles I have to face in my life, I am ready to be one of you!

  These were my dreams, until yesterday. But now, I’m helpless. I overheard the conversation of my parents last night. They went to a hospital and from the tests, came to know that I’m a girl. I was overflowing with joy, knowing this. So, I am going to add to the beauty and serenity of the world. I am a girl and so I am the best. But my heart sank as they continued their discussion. My dad was against me(being born). All of a sudden I became an enemy to him. He said to mom “We can’t raise two girls. There’s no option for us but for you to undergo abortion! And do it as early as possible.” 

“Am I a mission that gone wrong, to be aborted? I am a child, I am a soul and above all I AM YOUR DAUGHTER, memento of your love on mom. Dear dad, no need of an abortion. I am already dead in my heart!”

Next day, I felt scissors piercing my body and cutting me off. As I was being operated out, I felt the sun rays touching my feet and that was the last feeling I’ve felt. I didn’t even get to see how it looks like to be out in the sunshine! I am very glad that I’m not going to be a part of this creepy minded world. But I hope my fellow girls survive their race into the world, unlike me!

Salutes to every person who realise that killing a girl child is no less crime than killing your mother and shame on those who don’t get this!


STATS:

  •  It estimated that more than ten million female foetuses have been illegally aborted in India.

  •      Researchers for the Lancet journal based in Canada and India stated that 500,000 girls were being lost annually through sex selective abortions.

  •      In 2011, 15,000 Indian women were bought and sold as brides in areas where foeticide has led to a lack of women.

  •        Arvind Kumar, an official in the Hyderabad district enforced the PCPNDT Act after taking over in 2004. He investigated all 389 diagnostic clinics in the city and took action. 361 ultrasound scan centres were issued notices for non-compliance with the PCPNDT Act and the licenses of 91 centres were cancelled.
Click here to go to "WOMEN POWER: SITA TO SONIA" 



                                     


No comments:

Post a Comment